Potton Christmas lights switch-on spreads some festive cheer
- Credit: Archant
Festive spirit is spreading, with the Potton Christmas lights switch-on having taken place.
People enjoyed carol singing, hot food and a funfair, before Father Christmas made an appearance at the event in Market Square last Friday and was tasked with switching on the Christmas lights.
Before the lights switch-on there were a number of live performances, including by Potton Lower School Choir and New Voices of Potton.
On Sunday, the Sandy Christmas Fayre and lights switch-on took place in the town’s Market Square where there was a wealth of entertainment to suit all ages.
There were festive stalls, live entertainment in the form of stage acts, a funfair, community carol singing, magical unicorn ponies, a juggling elf and dress up characters.
You may also want to watch:
There was also an all-important visit from Santa.
The event was organised by The Friends of Sandy Christmas Lights.
- 1 Confirmation that Stevenage Five Guys restaurant is coming soon
- 2 Appeal to sign petition over future of ancient woodland in Stevenage
- 3 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 4 Dogwalker dismayed after discovering more than 50 bags of poo on his walk
- 5 Donations pour in for memorial garden in tribute to teacher who died from COVID-19
- 6 Man arrested after crashing into tree and fleeing scene in Hitchin
- 7 'Incredible community spirit' pays for boy's medical chest brace after shock diagnosis
- 8 Police appeal for witnesses after Hitchin robbery
- 9 Fundraising Batman cycles across three villages in bid to lose weight
- 10 Coercive control, gaslighting and love bombing - pupils urged to identify toxic relationships during lockdown
For more information on the group’s upcoming events, search ‘The Friends of Sandy Christmas Lights on Facebook.