Postie Chris is planning a special charity delivery with Movember gig at Hitchin’s Club 85
- Credit: Archant
A charity event organiser is shunning morning shaves for the next couple of weeks to make sure his moustache measures up when he takes to the stage at Hitchin’s Club 85.
Postman Chris Punter, who lives in Letchworth, has been involved in the annual Movember fundraising to support men’s health cases over the past five years – though he admits that last year he took a breather as a result of pressure on the home front.
“I took last year out as my wife couldn’t look me in the face with a moustache,” he said.
But now he’s bouncing back and after running two successful band nights in Welwyn Garden City, where he still works, he’s putting together an event at the Whinbush Road venue next Saturday, November 14.
He said: “This event is to raise as much funds as we can for the Movember charity that deals with men’s health such as prostate cancer, testicular cancer and men’s mental health.
You may also want to watch:
“My father has been living with prostate cancer for a few years now and my father-in-law has just been diagnosed with it, too.
“My plan was to get five bands and an acoustic artist to come and put on an evening of great live music!
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 6 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
Mod-music influenced Chris will be performing with Coloryde, which first formed in the early 1990s and after getting back together is planning to release its first album.
“Of course I will be growing a mo as I have done before, but as for the other acts we will have to see.
“Young Sophie Kitchener won’t be able to, of course, so maybe we will find a nice stick on one for her.”
Also on the bill are Sububria, The Fallen Leaves, the Ben Drake Collective and Treehouse Party.
Tickets are £5 in advance – check out the Club 85 website for details – and £6 on the door after 8pm.
Chris said: “I decided early on that I wanted a good mix of music and all ages coming together, like a mini Live Aid. Please come along and support this great cause and have a good night out in the process – we want a sell out!”
If you’d like to support Chris in his moustache-growing efforts visit the website at uk.movember.com and search using his name.