Portsmouth snap up Stevenage midfielder
- Credit: Archant
James Dunne pens a two-year deal with the south coast club
Portsmouth have signed Stevenage midfielder James Dunne for a five figure fee.
The 24-year-old was transfer listed by Boro back in January and spent the second half of last season on loan at St Johnstone in the Scottish Premier.
The box-to-box midfielder impressed Portsmouth boss Andy Awford during his time in Scotland, with the Pompey boss saying he had watched the former Exeter City man on several occasions.
Dunne played 59 times for Boro but had he made one more appearance for the club, Stevenage would have had to have paid Exeter City a further £25,000 as set out in the tribunal when he signed from the Devon-based club for an initial £75,000 two seasons ago. That agreement also stated that a further payment of £25,000 was due when Dunne reached 30 games.
You may also want to watch:
The former Arsenal player was named Player of the Year in his first season at the Lamex Stadium.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 7 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home