Port Vale captain launches attack on Boro
PORT Vale skipper Tommy Fraser has launched a scathing attack on Stevenage Borough by calling them ""cocky, from their manager down to the team"". Fraser was speaking to The Sentinal when he said he couldn t wait to knock the cockiness out of Boro before
PORT Vale skipper Tommy Fraser has launched a scathing attack on Stevenage Borough by calling them "cocky, from their manager down to the team".
Fraser was speaking to The Sentinal when he said he couldn't wait to knock the "cockiness" out of Boro before the two teams clash in the FA Cup First Round replay on Tuesday evening.
Speaking after the two teams drew 1-1 on Saturday, Fraser said: "Let me tell you now, they are cocky from their manager down to the team ... they definitely think it's over.
"They already think they've got Huddersfield at home in the next round. But I tell you now, they haven't.
"It's not so much to do with them being a non-league team. I've got every respect for every team I play against, including non-league teams.
"But when a team comes here with that sort of cockiness, and saying some of the things I've heard I think maybe it's not about them being non-league, maybe it's them thinking they are better than they are.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 3 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 4 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 5 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 6 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 9 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 10 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'