League Two: Port Vale 1 Stevenage 4
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Stevenage moved to within two points of the Sky Bet League Two play-off places with a comfortable Good Friday win at Vale Park.
Paul Farman had to make early saves, to deny David Worrall and tip Tom Conlon’s shot onto the crossbar.
But Boro took the lead on 12 minutes when Emmanuel Sonupe cut in from the right and sent a left-footed shot past Scott Brown.
Sonupe doubled the lead for Dino Maamria’s men five minutes into the second half, driving a shot on the turn past Brown.
But Cristian Montano hit back for Vale midway through the second half, curling a left-footed shot past a diving Farman.
You may also want to watch:
QPR loanee Ilias Chair restored Stevenage’s two-goal lead with six minutes remaining and Kurtis Guthrie added late gloss with a fourth goal in the fifth minute of stoppage time.
The win leaves Boro in 10th place, two points behind seventh-placed Exeter City, who are the visitors to the Lamex on Monday.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
Stevenage: Farman, Vancooten, Cuthbert, Nugent, Iontton (Byrom 74), Wildin, Hunt (Wilkinson 86), Timlin, Sonupe (McKee 79), Guthrie, Chair. Unused subs: Revell, Gibson, Byrne, Smyth.