League Two: Port Vale 1 Stevenage 4
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Stevenage moved to within two points of the Sky Bet League Two play-off places with a comfortable Good Friday win at Vale Park.
Paul Farman had to make early saves, to deny David Worrall and tip Tom Conlon’s shot onto the crossbar.
But Boro took the lead on 12 minutes when Emmanuel Sonupe cut in from the right and sent a left-footed shot past Scott Brown.
Sonupe doubled the lead for Dino Maamria’s men five minutes into the second half, driving a shot on the turn past Brown.
But Cristian Montano hit back for Vale midway through the second half, curling a left-footed shot past a diving Farman.
You may also want to watch:
QPR loanee Ilias Chair restored Stevenage’s two-goal lead with six minutes remaining and Kurtis Guthrie added late gloss with a fourth goal in the fifth minute of stoppage time.
The win leaves Boro in 10th place, two points behind seventh-placed Exeter City, who are the visitors to the Lamex on Monday.
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 3 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 8 Stevenage happy with performance and result against 10-man Crystal Palace
- 9 £50 supermarket vouchers available to help families entitled to free school meals
- 10 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
Stevenage: Farman, Vancooten, Cuthbert, Nugent, Iontton (Byrom 74), Wildin, Hunt (Wilkinson 86), Timlin, Sonupe (McKee 79), Guthrie, Chair. Unused subs: Revell, Gibson, Byrne, Smyth.