Poor run continues
Boro s poor run of form continued on Saturday after a Michael Simpson double gave high-flying Burton Albion all three points on Saturday. Graham Westley s side enjoyed the lion s share of the possession for the majority of the contest but, once again, a l
Boro's poor run of form continued on Saturday after a Michael Simpson double gave high-flying Burton Albion all three points on Saturday.
Graham Westley's side enjoyed the lion's share of the possession for the majority of the contest but, once again, a lack of cutting edge undermined their efforts.
Simpson set Burton on their way just after the half-hour mark when a poor Luke Oliver clearance was latched on to by John McGrath, whose shot was only parried by Chris Day into the path of Simpson, who made no mistake.
Boro should have been level moments later however when the lively Callum Willock got in behind the Burton defence but, with only the keeper to beat, he hesitated allowing Colin Todd to make a fantastic last-ditch challenge.
You may also want to watch:
Burton wrapped up the points in the second period thanks to a superb diving header from Simpson.
Boro should have had a lifeline when Peter Vincenti's header appeared to go in off Jake Buxton but the referee's assistant had adjudged the seemingly inactive Willock to be in an offside position.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 8 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 9 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
Boro's misery was compounded further in the 76th minute when Steve Morison blasted a penalty over after Willock had been fouled inside the area.