Pondering your pension pot? CAB team can help with free advice in Stevenage and North Herts
- Credit: Archant
Worries about what to do with your pension pot have created one of the hottest consumer topics of the moment – and there are plenty of people who are offering to help you manage your money, for a fee.
But all the experts stress that you should take impartial advice before making any big decisions – and that’s where the team at Stevenage’s Citizens Advice Bureau comes in.
The CAB team can offer free Pension Wise appointments to help you head in the right direction in the wake of pension reforms which allow people far greater control over their retirement savings.
Pension Wise is a government service designed to help people make sense of their options and give them the confidence to make the right choices.
The 45 minute appointments are tailored to the individual, taking into account the value of their pension and their plans for retirement.
You may also want to watch:
A Pension Wise appointment may help you if you are approaching retirement or are 55 or over, have a defined contribution pension and are thinking of dipping into your pension pot in the next six months.
Appointments are also available on the telephone, delivered by the Pensions Advisory Service, and you can get general guidance online at www.pensionwise.gov.uk, too.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
Users of the service so far have rated it an impressive 9.4 out of 10, with all of them saying that it met their needs.
One Stevenage client said Pension Wise was “very easy, and clearly explained. It has made my life a lot easier and I would definitely recommend the service.”
Stevenage CAB chief executive Daniel Marshall said: “Pensions can be a confusing topic and these appointments will help people to make sense of their choices.
“The CAB in Stevenage and in North Herts already help people with retirement issues and will continue to offer this service outside of Pension Wise.”
To book a telephone or face to face appointment, call 01438 721760.