Policeman from Hitchin appears at the Old Bailey on rape charge
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin policeman charged with rape and other sexual offences appeared at the Old Bailey today.
PC Leigh Brightman, of Tennyson Avenue, was at a plea and case management hearing at the Central Criminal Court this morning.
He faces 11 charges including one count of rape of a girl aged between 13 and 15; four charges of misconduct in a public officer; four charges of making indecent photographs of a child and two of possessing indecent photographs of a child.
PC Brightman entered a plea of not guilty.
The trail date at the Old Bailey is set for November 2, with the case expecting to last for a number of weeks.
You may also want to watch:
PC Brightman is currently suspended from the Hertfordshire force pending the outcome of the trial.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 4 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'