Police widen search in murder inquiry after leg found
POLICE today (Tuesday) extended the range of their hunt for clues in trying to identify a male murder victim after a severed leg was discovered in a ditch at the side of the A507 at Cottered on Sunday afternoon. A team of specially trained officers combed
POLICE today (Tuesday) extended the range of their hunt for clues in trying to identify a male murder victim after a severed leg was discovered in a ditch at the side of the A507 at Cottered on Sunday afternoon.
A team of specially trained officers combed fields and woodland in a mile radius from where the limb was found in a green sports holdall to see whether more body parts had been dumped in the area.
No further evidence was found and more searches have not been ruled out including extending the search area even further between Baldock and Buntingford.
An incident room has been set up at Herts police headquarters in Welwyn Garden City where officers from the Herts and Beds major crime unit are conducting what they say is a murder inquiry.
You may also want to watch:
They have also contacted other police forces Nationwide to try and form a list of males who have recently gone missing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 01707 354432.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?