Police widen search in murder inquiry after leg found
POLICE today (Tuesday) extended the range of their hunt for clues in trying to identify a male murder victim after a severed leg was discovered in a ditch at the side of the A507 at Cottered on Sunday afternoon. A team of specially trained officers combed
POLICE today (Tuesday) extended the range of their hunt for clues in trying to identify a male murder victim after a severed leg was discovered in a ditch at the side of the A507 at Cottered on Sunday afternoon.
A team of specially trained officers combed fields and woodland in a mile radius from where the limb was found in a green sports holdall to see whether more body parts had been dumped in the area.
No further evidence was found and more searches have not been ruled out including extending the search area even further between Baldock and Buntingford.
An incident room has been set up at Herts police headquarters in Welwyn Garden City where officers from the Herts and Beds major crime unit are conducting what they say is a murder inquiry.
They have also contacted other police forces Nationwide to try and form a list of males who have recently gone missing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 01707 354432.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?