Police widen search for rapist to whole of Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
Police have widened their search for a rapist to the whole of Hertfordshire.
An E-fit of a man police would like to speak to in connection with a rape in Welwyn Garden City was released in December, but now detectives are appealing for help from members of the public living across the whole of the county, as well as London.
The rape happened last year between 9.30pm on Monday, July 29, and 12.20am on Tuesday, July 30, in Cole Green Lane, Welwyn Garden City.
The victim, a woman in her 20s, was walking from the direction of Hollybush Lane when she was grabbed from behind by a man and attacked.
Speaking on Monday, Detective Constable Dale Morris, from the Sexual Offences Investigation Team, said: “A dark coloured five door vehicle was seen in the area around the time of the offence and we have yet to trace this vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
“It may be that the offender used this vehicle and therefore may not be local to Welwyn.
“It may be that he travelled from elsewhere in the county or from London. I would appeal to members of the public across the county and in London to call if they believe they recognise the person in the E-fit.”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Morris via Herts Police non-emergency number 101 citing crime reference number B1/13/1952. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.