Police warning to motorists after man flags down vehicles on A1(M) slip road for Baldock services and offers ring
- Credit: Archant
Police are warning motorists to be on their guard after reports of a man flagging down vehicles on an A1(M) slip road.
Officers were alerted at 10.11am on Monday to reports of a man flagging motorists down at Junction 10 for Baldock services.
Another motorist also called to report that a man gave him a ring and asked him to take him to a cash point.
Officers attended and a search was carried of the area but the man was not located.
A Herts police spokeswoman said: “If someone is trying to flag you down for help, don’t stop. Keep driving until you get to the next public place and then help them by informing the police. This way you don’t put yourself at risk.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call police on 101.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus