Police warning after spate of burglaries in village near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued a warning following a spate of burglaries in a village.
Residents living in Whitwell near Hitchin have been warned after reports of three burglaries in the area in the last month.
The first occurred at a property in Horn Hill at some point between Friday, March 7, and Friday, March 28.
Burglars forced their way into a shed and stole a man’s red mountain bike.
The second occurred at a property in Bradway between 2.15pm and 4pm last Thursday, April 3.
The offenders smashed a window at the rear of the house, taking a gold fob watch, three gold chains, an 18 karat wedding band, an engagement ring with a sapphire in the middle with diamonds surrounding it and cash.
The third occurred at an address in Horn Hill on the same day between 12.30pm and 6pm.
- 1 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 2 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 3 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 4 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 5 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 6 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
A window was smashed at the rear of the property and items including a white and yellow gold choker necklace, a gold cross on a gold chain, a silver nurse’s buckle were stolen along with cash.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable Jeanette Walker via Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.