Police warning after spate of burglaries in village near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued a warning following a spate of burglaries in a village.
Residents living in Whitwell near Hitchin have been warned after reports of three burglaries in the area in the last month.
The first occurred at a property in Horn Hill at some point between Friday, March 7, and Friday, March 28.
Burglars forced their way into a shed and stole a man’s red mountain bike.
The second occurred at a property in Bradway between 2.15pm and 4pm last Thursday, April 3.
You may also want to watch:
The offenders smashed a window at the rear of the house, taking a gold fob watch, three gold chains, an 18 karat wedding band, an engagement ring with a sapphire in the middle with diamonds surrounding it and cash.
The third occurred at an address in Horn Hill on the same day between 12.30pm and 6pm.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
A window was smashed at the rear of the property and items including a white and yellow gold choker necklace, a gold cross on a gold chain, a silver nurse’s buckle were stolen along with cash.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable Jeanette Walker via Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.