Police warning after spate of burglaries in Stevenage
POLICE are warning people to be on the alert following a recent spate of burglaries across Stevenage.
Burglars have been targeting residential properties, as well as sheds and garages.
PCSO Ron Treadwell says: “There are lots of common sense precautions you can take to make your property more secure.
“We can offer you crime prevention advice. If you would like to speak to someone, please get in touch with the safer neighbourhood officers for your ward. To find out who they are, you can either visit www.herts.police.uk or ring the non-emergency number 101.”
He added: “If you see someone acting suspiciously, don’t hesitate – ring 999 as it’s happening and try and give a description of the people you have seen. If you have information about any crime, you can also ring 101. You can also ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
“As well as installing extra security devices, postcode marking your valuables with a UV pen and registering them on a free property database like www.immobilise.com can work as a deterrent to thieves and can increase the chances of your property being recovered if it is stolen.”
- 1 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 2 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 3 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 6 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 7 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 10 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades