Police warning after spate of burglaries in Stevenage
POLICE are warning people to be on the alert following a recent spate of burglaries across Stevenage.
Burglars have been targeting residential properties, as well as sheds and garages.
PCSO Ron Treadwell says: “There are lots of common sense precautions you can take to make your property more secure.
“We can offer you crime prevention advice. If you would like to speak to someone, please get in touch with the safer neighbourhood officers for your ward. To find out who they are, you can either visit www.herts.police.uk or ring the non-emergency number 101.”
He added: “If you see someone acting suspiciously, don’t hesitate – ring 999 as it’s happening and try and give a description of the people you have seen. If you have information about any crime, you can also ring 101. You can also ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
“As well as installing extra security devices, postcode marking your valuables with a UV pen and registering them on a free property database like www.immobilise.com can work as a deterrent to thieves and can increase the chances of your property being recovered if it is stolen.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright