Police team on dinner duty as they serve up a seasonal treat in Baldock
- Credit: Archant
Hello, hello, hello – members of Baldock’s police team delivered a Christmas treat at the town’s community centre when they served a celebration meal to senior citizens.
Community support officers Michelle Trussell and Chris Farrier and Sgt Simon Turner joined the team laying on the meal treat for the third year.
Tucking in were senior citizens who regularly attend the community centre lunch club, some of whom live on their own and cherish the chance to get out of the house and meet friends.
The centre’s Tracey Chapman was in charge of the cooking and she said: “We were delighted that officers from safer neighbourhood team were able to return to help us serve Christmas dinner.
“It is great that our local police officers and PCSOs take part as they are such a key part of our local community.”
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Turner of the Letchworth and Baldock Neighbourhood Team said: “It’s great to get involved. We get the chance to chat to everyone who attends, and it also allows the patrons to get to know us a bit better.”
The centre will also be putting on a similar dinner on Christmas Day for the more vulnerable members of the community.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
Volunteers are needed to help out – if you could help, call Tracey on 01462 894109 for more details.