Police storm cannabis factory
POLICE raided a Stevenage house after a tip off that it is being used as a cannabis factory.
Officers stormed the address in Ferriers Road on Wednesday evening after a neighbour called to say he was suspicious of what was going on there. No one was inside the property.
The neighbour said he had earlier chased a man of Asian description, thought to be living at the house, across the Chells neighbourhood before calling the police.
He said there was “wall to wall cannabis” in the property when he entered the house with officers.
He added that the house was let to an Italian family, but he had only ever seen them once.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said 150 plants were seized in the operation.
This morning (Friday) technicians from electricity supplier EDF cut off power to the house.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 6 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 7 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
Investigations are ongoing.