Police seek Samaritans who came to woman’s aid
BEDFORDSHIRE police are appealing for three good Samaritans to get in touch with them after they helped a Sandy woman who had escaped her attacker by jumping from a moving car. The young woman, say police, had been involved in a domestic incident and had
BEDFORDSHIRE police are appealing for three good Samaritans to get in touch with them after they helped a Sandy woman who had escaped her attacker by jumping from a moving car.
The young woman, say police, had been involved in a domestic incident and had been bundled into a car and driven to Luton late on Friday, March 23, or in the early hours of the following morning.
She managed to escape from the moving car at a roundabout near a garage in Luton but has not been able to identify the exact location to investigating officers.
As she was lying on the ground, a woman driving a red car slowed down and said she was going to call the police for help.
Shortly afterwards, a man and a woman both in their 50s stopped, picked her up and gave her a lift to Luton railway station.
The couple are described as white. The man wore glasses and had a beard while the woman was tall and blonde. They were driving a black four-door car, possibly a VW Passat.
- 1 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 2 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 3 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
- 4 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 5 Stevenage PE teacher's charity run after leg amputation
- 6 Assault victim left with punctured lung after Hitchin 'scuffle'
- 7 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 8 Stevenage fundraising day in memory of much-loved Peter
- 9 Summer Sand pit opens in Stevenage
- 10 'Expect delays' during week-long gas works at Stevenage roundabout
Police are now anxious to trace the kind-hearted couple because they may have vital information that could help with inquiries.
Anyone who can help should contact Dc Lee Chennell on 01234 275179.
An 18 year-old man was arrested by police in connection with the assault and remanded in custody. He was later handed over to Bournemouth police who wanted to question him regarding another incident on the south coast.