Police seek Samaritans who came to woman’s aid
BEDFORDSHIRE police are appealing for three good Samaritans to get in touch with them after they helped a Sandy woman who had escaped her attacker by jumping from a moving car. The young woman, say police, had been involved in a domestic incident and had
BEDFORDSHIRE police are appealing for three good Samaritans to get in touch with them after they helped a Sandy woman who had escaped her attacker by jumping from a moving car.
The young woman, say police, had been involved in a domestic incident and had been bundled into a car and driven to Luton late on Friday, March 23, or in the early hours of the following morning.
She managed to escape from the moving car at a roundabout near a garage in Luton but has not been able to identify the exact location to investigating officers.
As she was lying on the ground, a woman driving a red car slowed down and said she was going to call the police for help.
You may also want to watch:
Shortly afterwards, a man and a woman both in their 50s stopped, picked her up and gave her a lift to Luton railway station.
The couple are described as white. The man wore glasses and had a beard while the woman was tall and blonde. They were driving a black four-door car, possibly a VW Passat.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
Police are now anxious to trace the kind-hearted couple because they may have vital information that could help with inquiries.
Anyone who can help should contact Dc Lee Chennell on 01234 275179.
An 18 year-old man was arrested by police in connection with the assault and remanded in custody. He was later handed over to Bournemouth police who wanted to question him regarding another incident on the south coast.