Police seek information after attacker tried to pull woman out of her car outside Stevenage supermarket
- Credit: Archant
Police want to speak to people who saw a man allegedly attempt to pull a woman out of a car in the car park at Tesco Extra in Stevenage town centre.
The incident happened outside the store at The Forum at 4.30pm on Saturday, March 25.
The woman who is in her 20s, was inside a vehicle in the car park when a man attempted to forcibly remove her from the car.
Passers by tried to help the victim before the man ran away.
A 29-year-old man from Stevenage was arrested on suspicion of assault but has been released from custody while officers carry out further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
PC Emily Stelling, who is investigating the alleged attack, said: “The two people involved in this incident are known to each other. I am very keen to trace those members of the public who went to the victim’s aid during the incident, as your account could prove vital to our investigation.”
Anyone with information that could assist the investigation should contact PC Stelling on 101, quoting crime reference E1/17/2383.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
You can also contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.