Police searching for missing Stevenage woman find human remains in Edinburgh garden
Police searching for Stevenage woman Samantha Wright who has been missing for more than a year, have found human remains in a garden in Edinburgh. Police began searching an address in Magdalene Drive in the city on Monday evening. A 57-year-old man was la
Police searching for Stevenage woman Samantha Wright who has been missing for more than a year, have found human remains in a garden in Edinburgh.
Police began searching an address in Magdalene Drive in the city on Monday evening. A 57-year-old man was later arrested and charged in connection with the discovery in the Duddingston area.
Ms Wright, 25, disappeared in Edinburgh in June last year and her family, who still live in Stevenage, became concerned after she failed to contact them on her birthday or at Christmas.
She was last seen at a Jobcentre in the High Riggs area of Edinburgh and since she vanished no cash has been withdrawn from her bank account and she has not used her mobile phone.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Lothian and Borders police said today it was too early to identify the remains.
A police statement said: "Officers have discovered what they believe to be human remains. Inquiries at Magdalene Drive in Edinburgh are at an early stage, and a full forensic recovery has to be undertaken."
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
The arrested man is expected to appear in court tomorrow (Wednesday).