Police remain at Blue Lagoon searching for clues to headless murder victim
POLICE remain at the Blue Lagoon in Arlesey searching for clues to the murder of a so far unidentified man whose body was found in the water there on Sunday afternoon. The decapitated body was wrapped in several layers of material and was found floating at
POLICE remain at the Blue Lagoon in Arlesey searching for clues to the murder of a so far unidentified man whose body was found in the water there on Sunday afternoon.
The decapitated body was wrapped in several layers of material and was found floating at the edge of the lagoon by two men out walking.
A wheelbarrow found nearby is believed to have been used to transport the body to the lagoon.
"Our suspicion is that the wheelbarrow was used to convey the body to the lake," said DCI Jon Humphries who is leading the murder investigation at the Beds and Herts Major Crime Unit.
"We don't know exactly how long the body had been in there but if anyone has seen someone acting suspiciously in the area, or has information that may help identify the victim or his killers, then please contact the police."
It is not known yet whether an underwater unit will be brought in to search the lagoon.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
Police hope to release more information later this morning.