Police release new image of missing William Taylor
- Credit: Archant
Police have released a new image of missing farmer William ‘Bill’ Taylor, almost a month after he was last seen.
Bill was last seen at his home in Gosmore at around 9pm on June 3 – a month ago tomorrow. He had reported the arson of his Land Rover a week beforehand.
He is described as white, around 5ft 11in tall. He is of medium build and has short grey hair. His 70th birthday was on June 11.
Police said he was last seen wearing a baby-blue shirt, jeans and black wellies. Police believe he may have been wearing a navy-blue boiler suit, which would have been his standard attire as a farmer.
North Herts chief inspector Julie Wheatley made a public appeal for information last Monday, outside Bill’s home.
She said: “This is an unbearable situation for his family who are incredibly worried.
“William has turned 70 since he has been missing and his family have not been able to celebrate this happy occasion with him.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
“I am appealing to anyone who might have seen William or anyone who has information on his whereabouts to get in touch with us.
“We are growing increasingly concerned for his welfare and any information you have, no matter how small it might seem, could be vital in us finding William.”
If you have seen William Taylor since he went missing or have information about his whereabouts contact police on 101. If you believe you are with William or have seen him in the last few moments, call 999.