Police release more about dead Stevenage man at centre of murder investigation
POLICE have released more information about a dead man at the centre of a murder investigation. Jaroslaw Kowalski, 26, was found with serious injuries at an address in Vardon Road in Stevenage at about 5.30pm on Wednesday. He was taken to Lister Hospital
POLICE have released more information about a dead man at the centre of a murder investigation.
Jaroslaw Kowalski, 26, was found with serious injuries at an address in Vardon Road in Stevenage at about 5.30pm on Wednesday.
He was taken to Lister Hospital where he later died.
Mr Kowalski had been in the area for just under a year, having come from south-west Poland.
You may also want to watch:
Police have spoken with his family, who still live near the Czech border.
Detective Chief Inspector David Cestaro, from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, is investigating and said: "This is a very serious incident and we are working thoroughly to identify the offenders.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
"I would like to speak to anyone who might have noticed anyone out of the ordinary in the area around Vardon Road at any time on Wednesday.
"If you believe you have information which could help our enquiry, please call police immediately on the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222."
A man was arrested in connection with this inquiry but was released without charge yesterday (Thursday) evening.