Police release CCTV images to shame culprits using Hitchin alleyway as a toilet
- Credit: Archant
Despite police warnings not to use a Hitchin town centre alleyway as a public urinal many are still not taking heed of the advice – and are set to be shamed by new CCTV images published today.
West Alley, an alleyway just off Market Place, has seen a number of people using the area to go to the toilet – with culprits caught on CCTV.
North Herts community safety sergeant Richard Wilmot said: “In July we warned if people continued to use the area as a toilet or to commit other forms of anti-social behaviour we would start to release CCTV images of those suspected to be involved to publications such as the Comet, and on social media in the hope the public can help us to identify them.
“West Alley is near to a residential area with those living there having to suffer people using the area to go to the toilet.
“Generally Hitchin does not have a problem with anti-social behaviour, but as this residential area is quite secluded yet in the town centre it can attract people causing a nuisance, often fuelled by alcohol, particularly at the weekends when the pubs and clubs are at their busiest.”
You may also want to watch:
If you have any information on the people shown in the images please call 101.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 7 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 10 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack