Police release CCTV images after Stevenage phone thefts
POLICE have released some CCTV images of two men they would like to speak to in connection with the theft of a number of mobile phones from a shop.
The images relate to an offence which took place on Wednesday, May 2 at around 1pm.
The offenders entered the Vodafone store in Queensway, Stevenage, and asked for a brochure. They then left, but came back in a few minutes later.
While one offender distracted the shop assistant, the other took a number of handsets from the display and left the store with the other offender.
PCSO Saroj Machin, who is investigating the incident, said: “We are very keen to trace the men in these photos as we believe they may have information that could help us with our inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
“If you recognise them, please contact me on 101 – the non-emergency number and quote crime reference number E1/12/2711.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030