Police reappeal after Letchworth car theft and damage to parked vehicles
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth police are reappealing for information after the theft of a silver Ford Focus which was then used to damage a number of parked vehicles.
Police are asking residents who live in Pascal Way and Monklands to get in touch if their vehicle sustained damage in the early hours of Wednesday, April 15.
The car was taken just before 5am from outside a house in Monklands. Officers believe it was then driven erratically through Letchworth and left in Pascal Way, where it was later recovered.
A number of vehicles in the area sustained damage at around the same time, and at no point did a driver stop at the scene of any of these collisions.
PC Andy Burnett said: “I would ask people local to both Monklands and Pascal Way, who have CCTV, to check the footage from this time to see if they have any film of the car or the driver. If anyone saw or heard anything suspicious we would also like to hear from you.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also encourage anyone who suffered vehicle damage around this time to report it to us if you have not already done so.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Andy Burnett directly via email at email@example.com.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed