Police probe after ‘anti-Semitic’ graffiti outside former Stevenage secondary school
- Credit: Archant
Disgusting anti-Semitic graffiti has been sprayed just metres away from a primary school.
It was reported to the police this morning after people saw the offensive remarks written on a footpath linking Chertsey Rise and Collenswood Road in Stevenage, outside the former Collenswood School and near to Ashtree Primary School and Nursery.
There were three drawings, one of which is cleary anti-Semitic and the Comet has chosen not to publish. It is unclear at this time who wrote them or why.
Stevenage Safer Neighbourhood Team Sgt Alison Hutchin said: “Hertfordshire Constabulary takes reports of hate-related crime very seriously and the matter is being fully investigated.”
The Comet contacted the primary school but was unable to speak to anyone because it is currently on Easter break.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Herts police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go