Police linking five car tyre ‘slashings’ in Hitchin since yesterday
- Credit: Archant
Five cars had their tyres slashed on three roads in Hitchin between yesterday evening and this morning.
Police are linking the crimes which happened in Lancaster Road, York Road and Baliol Road in the town.
Between 7pm last night and 10am today a black Vauxhall car had its tyre slashed. Around the same times two tyres on a black Kia were slashed, with a red Hyundai having a pair of tyres slashed too – with all three acts taking place on Lancaster Avenue.
On York Road between 6.30pm last night and 10am this morning a tyre of a white VW was also slashed – and on Baliol Road a pair of tyres on a silver BMW were knifed.
Police are asking anyone with information to contact 101 quoting references G1/16/442, G1/16/443, G1/16/44 (Lancaster Road), G1/16/444 (York Road), and/or G1/16/441 (Baliol Road).
You may also want to watch:
A resident of one of the roads who wished to remain anonymous told the Comet: “I know some victims have flagged up with Herts County Council our continuing frustration with broken street lights in the area – which although isn’t the cause – certainly doesn’t help.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction