Police link two Stevenage stabbings in five days to drug feud
- Credit: Archant
Police are linking two stabbings in five days in Stevenage to drug-related feud.
Police believe the stabbing of a 16-year-old boy in Ripon Road just after midnight yesterday and the attack on a man in his 20s who was stabbed outside a house in Cherwell Drive on Saturday night are related.
Herts police think the attacks are related to drug crime which happened outside of the town.
Det Insp Hannah Mann said: “We would like to reassure members of the public in Stevenage following three incidents in the town whereby people have been injured and we are conducting full and thorough investigations into each one.”
In another attack an 18-year-old man was left with serious injuries when he was stabbed in the town square outside Primark at around 3.30am on Saturday morning.
The police are investigating this crime but do not think it is related to the other two attacks.
All three men were taken to Lister Hospital where they were treated for non-life threatening injuries.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 6 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 9 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 10 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
“Incidents involving offensive weapons are rare and it is unprecedented to have three in one week,” Det Insp Man said. “Detectives and neighbourhood team officers are working continuously to ensure that those responsible are brought to justice.”
Anyone with information should call Herts police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.