Police link Stevenage burglaries
- Credit: Archant
TWO burglaries which took place on Friday in the same area of Stevenage are being linked.
The first incident occurred between 10.45am and 11am in Spring Drive when thieves climbed over a fence at the side of the house and into the garden.
An object was thrown at the glass panel which smashed, allowing the offenders to gain access into the home and steal a number of items including musical instruments, a laptop, TV, camera, games console and money.
The second burglary took place some time between 7.20am and 3.30pm on Burydale when thieves broke in through the back of the property and stole items including a DVD player and money.
Pc Claire Draper from Stevenage Local Crime Unit said: “As these crimes took place at properties which are relatively close to each other and on the same day it may well be that the offenced are linked.
You may also want to watch:
“I would appeal to anyone who was in the Broadwater area on this day, particularly in and around Spring Drive and Burydale, and saw anything suspicious on that day to contact police with information.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the Herts Police non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference number E1/13/3482.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.