Police link break-ins at two houses on two consecutive days in Aston, near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Break-ins at two houses on two consecutive days in a village near Stevenage are being linked by police.
Thieves stole three softball bats when they broke into the back of a house in Long Ridge, Aston, between 8am and 6.30pm last Monday, July 20.
The same criminals are believed to have forced their way into another house on the same street the day before between 3pm and 8pm.
They tried to get in through the front door but failed and then went round to the back of the house. They then forced their way in and are believed to have stolen several items.
Det Con Dieter Sweeting is investigating and said: “It appears the same offenders will have been responsible for both burglaries and I would appeal to anyone who was in the Aston area on Monday and saw anything suspicious to please contact me.
You may also want to watch:
“Aston is relatively small and therefore – I am sure residents would have known if they had seen a car which isn’t normally around. If you have any information which could assist me with my inquiries then please call.”
Anyone with information should call Herts police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket