Police launch witness appeal after man dies on A1(M)
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a fatal collision this morning on the A1(M).
The man, who is in his 30s, was the only person in a black Vauxhall Astra VXR which crashed into a barrier.
He died at the scene from his injuries.
The collision took place between Junction 6 for Welwyn and Junction 7 for Stevenage at 5.55am.
The northbound carriageway was closed for several hours while emergency services dealt with the incident. It reopened at around 11.15am.
You may also want to watch:
PC Robert Hauxwell, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit said: “Our thoughts are with the man’s family and friends at this very sad time.
“I am appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision or who saw the vehicle being driven in the area prior to it, to contact me as soon as possible.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 8 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 9 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Road Policing Unit via the non-emergency number 101.