Police investigate following 21-year-old Hitchin man’s death
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a young Hitchin man died following a collision in the early hours of this morning.
At around 3.35am, a black Vauxhall Insignia driving on Sun Street collided with a pedestrian at the junction with Bridge Street.
The pedestrian – a 21-year-old man from Hitchin – suffered serious injuries.
He was treated by paramedics but was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after 4.30am.
The incident is being investigated by the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Martin Kemp said: “It is believed that the pedestrian had been lying in the road prior to the collision taking place, however I would like to speak to anyone who saw him or the vehicle just prior to the collision.
“In particular, we would like to speak to two passengers who were in the vehicle at the time of the collision but we have not yet been able to speak to directly.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number 101, quoting incident reference ISR 103 of April 14, or report information online at www.herts.police.uk/report.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 8 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 9 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 10 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage