Police launch appeal after alleged hit and run in Letchworth
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a pedestrian was in collision with a car on Friday, in an alleged hit and run.
The incident took place at approximately 5.20pm on Rushby Mead in Letchworth GC when an Asian woman from the town was in a collision with what has been described as a dark hatchback car as she crossed the road.
The driver of the vehicle, which was reportedly approaching from Birdshill, allegedly stopped the car, got out and approached the injured woman before getting back into the car and driving away in an unknown direction.
The male driver has been described as black, clean-shaven, with short black hair and around 6ft in height.
The woman, in her 50s, was taken to hospital where she received treatment for her injuries and was later released.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer PC Adam Frost, from the Roads Policing Unit, said: “I am appealing to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw the incident, or anyone who feels they may know who the driver of the vehicle is, to get in contact with us.
“The car has been described as a small dark coloured hatchback with a registration plate that possible begins with H33.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Frost on the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.