Police issue dispersal notice and make two arrests following fighting in Hitchin street
- Credit: Archant
Police issued a dispersal notice and closed a street in Hitchin in the early hours of yesterday morning following two fights.
An 18-year-old man was assaulted following a confrontation in Brand Street just after 3am yesterday morning.
The teenager was left with minor injuries, including a black eye and a swollen nose.
Police officers at scene then issued a dispersal notice to around 20 people under the Anti-Social Behaviour Act 2003 – which gives police powers to disperse two or more people from an area where there is ‘persistent anti-social behaviour’.
Two men from Luton, aged 25 and 28, were then involved in another fight in the same street just before 4am, which led to the men being arrested for affray and subsequently cautioned.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still investigating the initial fight.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision