Police investigating GBH after stabbing at Jackmans Recreational Ground in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old man was stabbed yesterday at Jackmans Recreational Ground in Letchworth – and police have now appealed for witnesses to come forward.
The incident, which police are investigating as a GBH, happened at about 5.30pm yesterday, and came after the victim was involved in a standoff between two groups of men. Police were called to an address in Jarden about 10 minutes later.
The ambulance service sent the hazardous area response team, an ambulance officer and crew and an East Anglian Air Ambulance. The victim was treated for injuries to the back and arm before being taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage for further care. He remains in hospital.
Officers investigating are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident to get in touch with information.
They are particularly keen to speak with a male witness who tried to break up the altercation and reportedly had a gold-coloured Staffordshire bull terrier or similar dog with him.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101, quoting crime reference number G2/16/1764, or alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 8 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5