Police investigating after suspicious death in Stevenage
A MAN has died following an incident in Stevenage yesterday afternoon (Tuesday) in what is believed to be a stabbing.
A Stevenage man in his early 30s was found in a critical condition when two Stevenage ambulance crews arrived at a property in Bowcock Walk at 4.30pm.
Following treatment at the scene, the man was transported to an awaiting trauma team at the Lister Hospital where he died.
A police spokesman said: “Enquiries into the incident are ongoing.
“The road has been closed whilst investigations are carried out at the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
A bouquet of flowers has been laid by a tree at one end of the road that joins with Rockingham Way.
Speaking to a Bowcock Walk neighbour, one man said: “I didn’t know him personally and he kept himself to himself.”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
A woman from Rockingham Way, whose garden backs onto the road, said: “It kept me awake all night.
“At one point I looked out my window and could see people up on ladders looking in the trees.”
More to follow.