Police hunting thieves who stripped lead from church roof in Letchworth
POLICE are hoping to track down audacious thieves who stole lead from the roof of St Paul s Church in Letchworth GC.The thieves would have had to use ladders to reach the roof which covers the church hall and stripped the lead off. They then replaced all
POLICE are hoping to track down audacious thieves who stole lead from the roof of St Paul's Church in Letchworth GC.
The thieves would have had to use ladders to reach the roof which covers the church hall and stripped the lead off.
They then replaced all the tiles in exactly the same place so it looked like nothing had been disturbed.
The theft was only discovered when it rained heavily and caused leaks. It could have happened any time between March 22 and April 25.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer PC Kia Seppa said: "The thieves would have had to bring their own ladders to the location because they would not have been able to reach the roof any other way.
"We are asking the public if they saw anyone acting suspiciously around the church grounds or if they saw anyone on the roof within this time period.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
"If you can help, please ring the police non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222 and quote crime reference G2/10/854. Alternatively, you can call Crimetoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 and quote the same reference.