Police hunt underway after claims that man lifted young girl’s skirt in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a man allegedly lifted the skirt of a nine-year-old girl.
It is believed the incident took place yesterday at roughly 3.30pm on Ripon Road in Stevenage.
A nine year old girl was with her friend in a grass area when they were approached by a man.
He then allegedly lifted up her skirt causing the girl to run off. The man then ran away before leaving the area in a red van.
Enquiries are currently being made to identify the owner of the van.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Hannah Mann said: “I would like to reassure the public that this appears to be an isolated incident which will be fully investigated.
“We would like to hear from anyone who witnessed what happened or saw a man acting unusually or a red van in the area at the time of the incident.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
“If you saw anything of this sort, please contact police immediately via Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference E1/14/5354. Alternatively call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.”