Police hunt mugger who robbed woman
A MUGGER is being hunted by police after a 21-year-old woman was robbed. The incident happened on Monday, September 25, at around 8.15pm as the victim was walking along Albert Street in Stevenage. She was approached from behind, pushed to the floor and af
A MUGGER is being hunted by police after a 21-year-old woman was robbed.
The incident happened on Monday, September 25, at around 8.15pm as the victim was walking along Albert Street in Stevenage.
She was approached from behind, pushed to the floor and after a short struggle her bag was taken and the offender ran away. The victim received minor injuries.
Bill Hughes from the Eastern Area Burglary and Robbery Unit said: "This was a particularly violent attempt to get the victim's bag, knocking her to the floor before making off.
You may also want to watch:
"The victim could have been more seriously injured and I am appealing to anyone who may have witnessed this incident to come forward."
The suspect is described as a man in his early 20s, 5ft 9in tall and of large build. He was wearing a grey hooded top with a zip up the front, dark blue fleecy jogging bottoms, a grey woolly hat and light coloured trainers.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Eastern Area Burglary and Robbery Unit on 01438 757083. Alternatively call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.