Police hunt large number of people after Hitchin nightclub fight
- Credit: Archant
Police were called to a fight outside a Hitchin town centre nightclub in the early hours of Sunday morning – with a woman reportedly thrown against a wall.
Officers said there were a large number of people involved in the fight outside Aura nightclub around 2.40am in Sun Street but could not confirm exactly how many.
A spokeswoman said: “We arrived, the fight dispersed and it calmed down.
“A woman reported being assaulted and we have that listed as an ABH. Her arm was grabbed and she was thrown against a wall.”
The evening saw Kojo Funds playing in the club which describes its music policy as ‘fresh RnB, hip hop, funky UK garage and throwback club classics’. Aura’s door policy states ‘no hoods or hats’.
An eyewitness who wished to remain anonymous told the Comet: “I saw three police trying to stop 20 blokes trying to kill each other.
“At one stage there were five guys jumping on someone’s head outside. There was blood all over the walls, pavement and cars parked on the street.”
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 7 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 8 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company
Aura’s owner Amanda Ashley posted on her public Facebook page: “Disgusting behaviour reported to police and CCTV given to them.
“If anyone has further phone evidence please contact me or the police.
“I do not tolerate this type of behaviour from anyone no matter who they think they are.
“We will never have everyone’s enjoyment ruined by a few.”
Police are currently investigating. No arrests have been made yet.