Police hunt heartless thieves after they steal blow-up Father Christmas doll from garden centre near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting heartless thieves after they stole a blow-up Father Christmas doll from a garden centre near Hitchin.
The callous burglars took the helpless Santa Claus from Vanstone Park Garden Centre on Hitchin Road, Codicote, between 10pm last night and 8.55am this morning.
Apart from the avuncular inflatable red and white icon, the offenders took a chain saw, a leaf blower and an orange truck.
The truck was driven off-site across fields onto the B656.
It is not known if the blow-up Father Christmas was visible in the driver’s seat.
You may also want to watch:
If you have any information please call 101 quoting G1/16/3102.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus