Police hunt for mystery Stevenage shopper attacker
Police are appealing for witnesses to a sustained attack on a woman during a busy Saturday morning in Stevenage town centre.
Officers want to speak to anyone who saw the assault on a Stevenage woman in her 40s who was repeatedly punched in the head and had her hair violently pulled by a mystery woman in Queensway at around 10am on June 25.
They are particularly keen to trace a man who tried to intervene but was pushed away by the attacker.
The offender is described as white, aged 40, approximately 5ft 3ins tall, with a chunky build and brown shoulder length hair. She was wearing grey jeans, a black cardigan and black boots.
The victim sustained shoulder and arm injuries in the assault.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Pc Andy Scott said: “This incident took place in the middle of the town centre on a busy Saturday and I believe there would have been a number of people who witnessed it and have not yet come forward.
“I am particularly keen to speak with the man who attempted to intervene. He is described as white, between 50 and 55 years old, with medium to stocky build and wearing a blue denim jacket.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
If you can help, call Pc Scott via 0845 3300222, or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.