Police hunt for men after ‘love rivals’ baseball bat clash outside Hitchin railway station
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting four men after a clash about a woman outside Hitchin railway station in front of terrified commuters returning home from work last night.
According to an eye-witness a man pulled a baseball bat out of a bag and threatened the other man at around 7.20pm.
An eye-witness told the Comet: “A man started shouting and bearing up to these three men, walking over aggressively – before pulling a baseball bat from his bag and threatening them.
“They were completely oblivious to how all this was intimidating commuters walking home from the station, who were terrified.
“The men appeared to be arguing about a woman. They sounded like they were rivals in love.
You may also want to watch:
“It looked like it was going to turn nasty, but then they heard police sirens and ran off.
“It was disgusting that such a thing could happen in broad daylight in front of normal people just going about their business.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
At least two police cars arrived on the scene but the men had fled.
A police spokesman said: “Investigations are ongoing to establish the exact circumstances of what happened.
“No reports of an assault have been received.”