Police helicopter in stolen car chase
THE police helicopter from Henlow was scrambled to pursue a stolen vehicle in the Shillington area yesterday (Monday).
The incident unfolded just after 1pm and the vehicle was located by the helicopter on the A6 travelling towards Luton.
A spokesman for Bedfordshire Police said: “Police units were directed to the area, but on seeing police the driver of the vehicle attempted to make off.
“The helicopter kept track of the vehicle, which collided with a wall in Icknield Way, and directed officers to the driver who was attempting to get away.
“The vehicle was found to be stolen and the driver wanted for other offences.
You may also want to watch:
“Had it not been for the rapid response from the Henlow aircraft the vehicle and driver may not have been found.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'