Police cordon off Letchworth street following suspected chemical leak
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services are at the scene of a suspected chemical leak this afternoon (Tuesday).
Police, fire and the ambulance service were called around 4.15pm to Bowyer Drive, Letchworth GC, to reports of a chemical leak.
It is believed that a 25-year-old man has suffered burns and has been taken to hospital by ambulance.
Police have cordoned off the area while they carry out investigations.
UPDATE: Police have confirmed that a man in his 20s had suffered burns while transporting chemicals from a vehicle.
Residents of Bowyer Drive were allowed back into their homes at around midnight after they were told to evacuate.
An Explosive Ordnance Disposal team was called but were not needed after investigations revealed there were no suspicious circumstances.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 4 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 5 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 6 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 7 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 8 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 9 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 10 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
The man was taken to Lister Hospital with superficial injuries to his face and arm.