Police checks find Stevenage door staff not correctly registered
- Credit: Archant
Police checks at venues across Stevenage have found that a number of door staff are not correctly registered.
Officers from the Stevenage Safer Neighbourhood Team completed checks on door staff at 12 licensed premises across the town, based in the High Street, The Plaza and Stevenage Leisure Park.
They found four employees had not kept their registration details up to date, with advice given to each individual.
The crackdown on Friday took place alongside representatives from Stevenage Borough Council and the Security Industry Authority (SIA), as part of National Policing Alcohol Licensing & Harm Reduction Awareness Week.
Jim Moatt, neighbourhood sergeant for Stevenage, said: “The aim of these visits with the SIA was to ensure that all door staff working in Stevenage are correctly registered, which means that they have undertaken the proper training to fulfil their roles to a minimum standard. This is key to ensuring that crime and disorder is managed and minimised.
You may also want to watch:
“Over the past few years we have seen a significant reduction in crime and disorder within the Stevenage night time economy, especially this year. Police and Stevenage Borough Council, through the Community Safety Partnership, have worked closely with some licensed premises to assist them in improving the way they manage crime and disorder connected to their premises. We will continue to work with our partners and licensees to encourage responsible drinking.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit