Police carry out door-to-door inquiries in Cottered in hunt for murder clues
POLICE carried out door-to-door inquires in Cottered today (Saturday) as officers continued their murder investigation after a body part was found close to the village last weekend. A severed left leg was found in a green sports holdall in a lay-by on
POLICE carried out door-to-door inquires in Cottered today (Saturday) as officers continued their murder investigation after a body part was found close to the village last weekend.
A severed left leg was found in a green sports holdall in a lay-by on Sunday afternoon by a man out walking his dog on farmland about a mile from Cottered.
Police say they mounted the operation in the village this morning to try and get more information in their hunt to identify the dead man and to ask residents whether they had travelled near the crime scene last weekend and seen anything suspicious.
Yesterday (Friday) police released further information in their inquiries following tests carried out on the leg and also released a picture of the green holdall in which the leg was concealed.
You may also want to watch:
The results revealed the leg came from an adult male, who is believed to have been between 5ft 6ins and 5ft 10ins tall. His shoe size is thought to be between a seven and a nine and he had a skin condition which has caused discoloration in the pigmentation of the skin around the ankle. There is a further skin condition on the lower leg causing the skin to scale.
His ethnicity is still not confirmed but he is believed to be either white or Asian.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
A full DNA profile has been obtained and is not matched on the National DNA Database.