Police arrest wanted man from Stevenage who was featured on Crimewatch
A MAN who was featured on the BBC s Crimewatch last week has been tracked down.A photo of Omar Habool, aged 33, appeared on the wanted section of the programme on Thursday, February 25.Habool, an Algerian national who was previously living in Stevenage,
A MAN who was featured on the BBC's Crimewatch last week has been tracked down.
A photo of Omar Habool, aged 33, appeared on the wanted section of the programme on Thursday, February 25.
Habool, an Algerian national who was previously living in Stevenage, was convicted of conspiracy to defraud in 2005 after attempting to use a false passport to cash a fraudulent cheque to the value of �6,000 in a shop in Stevenage.
He was released from prison in 2006 to continue his sentence in the community. Since then, his prison licence was revoked and he was wanted by police on recall to prison to serve the rest of his sentence.
You may also want to watch:
Following the appeal on Crimewatch, a caller in Edinburgh reported seeing him working in a local shop. With the assistance of Lothian and Borders Police, he was located and arrested yesterday (Wednesday). He is currently in police custody.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style