Police arrest man on suspicion of murder after tower block death in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of a man in a Stevenage tower block on Sunday.
William Floyd, aged 57 – better known as Bill – was discovered dead in his flat at Harrow Court in Silam Road by officers.
The 30-year-old, who is of no fixed address, was arrested by officers of the Beds, Cambs and Herts major crime unit this morning.
He remains in police custody at this time.
Det Insp Fraser Wylie said: “Extensive enquiries are ongoing into the death of Mr Floyd and I am appealing for anyone who believes they may have information that could assist the investigation to call the major incident room on 01707 355666, quoting ‘Op Salopette’.
You may also want to watch:
“If you’d prefer to provide information anonymously, please contact the independent crime fighting charity Crimestoppers.”
Crimestoppers can be reached on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will never need to go to court.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision