Police appeal to trace blue car after man arrested for firearm, Class A drugs and affray offences in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched an appeal to trace a blue car after a man was arrested in Stevenage on suspicion of possessing a firearm and Class A drugs with intent to supply, as well as affray.
Detectives are today appealing for information after reports of a loud bang being heard in Colestrete at just before 2pm on Easter Monday, April 17.
The Comet reported the following day that police were investigating, and officers have now confirmed a 20-year-old man from Stevenage was arrested on April 19 on suspicious of three offences – being in possession of a firearm and Class A drugs in Colestrete with intent to supply, and affray at an address in Vardon Road during the morning of Easter Monday.
The man has been released on bail while investigations continue.
Police are now trying to trace a blue car which was spotted outside both addresses at the time of the incidents, with a number of occupants inside.
Det Con Beverley Jennings, who is investigating, said: “We are keen to trace this car as soon as possible. If you were in either area at the time and noticed a blue car or any other suspicious activity, we would like to hear from you. Also if you have any information which may help our investigation please contact us.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact DC Beverly Jennings on 101 quoting crime reference number E1/17/3098. Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or the anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 3 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 6 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 9 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 10 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan