Stevenage Police Station sprayed with offensive graffiti
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage Police Station has been vandalised overnight.
Officers are appealing for information after the station in Lytton Way was sprayed with offensive graffiti.
Neighbourhood Chf Insp Alicia Shaw said: “The graffiti has been sprayed in an area which is highly visible to members of the public and could cause a great deal of upset.
“This kind of behaviour is totally unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
“We are currently conducting enquiries to trace those responsible and are also appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
“The incident occurred on a main road so someone may have witnessed it taking place or may have seen suspicious activity in the area.”
If you have any information call the police on the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference 41/23858/18. Report online at herts.police.uk/Report.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed